At IQS, we prefer to JERF (just eat real food) and eat meals rich in protein, good fats and vegetables.
- When it comes to sugar, it can get a little tricky. However, we try to make this as easy as possible. When we are looking at a product, we want to chose one with less than 5 grams of sugar per 100 grams.
- With dairy foods, the first 4.7grams of sugar per 100 grams, is lactose. Anything above this is added sugar.
Is it the same for sweeteners?
- Stevia and rice malt syrup are the only two sweeteners we recommend after quitting sugar.
- Stevia is completely sugar-free and shouldn't contain any sugar at all.
- Rice malt syrup is made up of glucose molecules, so it will contain more than 5g sugar/ 100g. With this, we recommend sticking to 1/4 - 1/2 of a teaspoon per serving.