One of the first (and most common!) questions everyone asks when discussing the benefits of quitting sugar is: Will I lose weight when I quit sugar?
But the most important thing to remember before embarking on your sugar quitting journey is this: everybody (and every body!) is different and quitting sugar is about finding our ideal health.
When you quit sugar it means you quit processed food. And when you quit processed food that means you're quitting empty calories and all those other added nasties. Most people find that when they quit sugar, they lose bulk, especially around the face and abdomen (which is where your liver holds the weight gained from excess sugar consumption).
How much weight people lose and how long it takes to notice changes varies from person to person. Quitting sugar and treating your body with the respect it deserves will see you find your bodies natural, sustainable weight.
We've also found that people who quit sugar do not tend to regain weight, which is not the case for most “diets”.
Check out some of our amazing success stories from community members like you:
- Adriane has lost 37kg and counting: https://iquitsugar.com/testimonial/adrianes-story-quit-sugar-lost-37kg-counting/
- Emily lost 7.6kg during the 8-Week Program: https://iquitsugar.com/testimonial/emilys-story-addicted-sugar-8-weeks-later-im-completely-new-woman/
- Natasha lost 12kg and healed her chronic pain: https://iquitsugar.com/testimonial/natashas-story-quit-sugar-lost-12kg-healed-chronic-pain/
- GP Jenny lost 8kg and got her energy back: https://iquitsugar.com/testimonial/jennys-story-gp-quitting-sugar-improved-health-helped-patients/
- Tabitha lost 15kg post-pregnancy: https://iquitsugar.com/testimonial/tabitha-testimonial/
Keep in mind that because each of us are beautiful and unique individuals, results will vary from person to person.
Tips to boost weight loss
- Get moving. Regular exercise is important to help you achieve your weight loss goals. To help you get started, 8-Week Program members receive a copy of our brand new movement plan eBook!
- Do your best to stick to three meals per day and minimise snacks. Sometimes we are snacking more so out of boredom, habit or thirst, rather than actual hunger. Our meal plans provide you with breakfast, lunch and dinner each day and everything you need to meet or exceed your RDIs each day. When you feel like a snack, try to delay for 20 minutes to see if you really want it or not.
- Minimise high-fat snacks such as nuts, cheese, coconut oil and avocado. High-fat snacks are great sugar-craving busters, but are also very energy dense.
- Make sure you're getting plenty of sleep each night and time to relax each day.
- Focus on your gut health. If you're not already, now is a great time to start experimenting with fermented foods like sauerkraut, kimchi, kombucha and kefir.
7-Day Reboot and Kickstarter Program
As these are both 7 day programs, they're not designed or intended for weight loss. If you want to focus on weight loss, our 8-Week Program is the option for you.
Need more help?
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or hop on live chat between 9am - 530pm Monday - Friday (AEST).