We appreciate that portion size will be different for each person depending on your energy requirements, metabolism and the fact that some of us just naturally eat more! So, if you're finding you’re frequently hungry in between meal times or constantly snacking, you may need to increase your portion size. We encourage you to find what works for you, listen to your body and eat until you feel satiated!
Telltale signs you need to alter your portion size:
- You’re still hungry within 30-60 minutes post meal.
- You find yourself constantly snacking throughout the day
- You have a tendency to binge
- You exercise a lot and find you need more energy.
How to increase your portions:
- Start with bulking your meal out with nutrient dense vegetables, then increase the protein and fat as these are powerhouses for keeping you satiated.
- Add things like avocado, nuts, seeds, cheese, extra virgin olive oil, tahini and boiled eggs to your meals.
- If you want to add more carbohydrates, the best to go for are sweet potatoes, pumpkin, root veggies, quinoa, buckwheat, and rice. Feel free to bulk up the portion sizes of these ingredients when used in recipes.
Our meal plans are designed to be flexible and adjustable, so feel free to modify them to suit you and your lifestyle. Filling up on big and nutritious meals are what will keep you from craving sugary snacks, or falling off the bandwagon, so we advise you to avoid restricting yourself and.. eat up!
If you need a hand adjusting your meals, make sure you jump into the community forums and ask us a question - we're here to help!
Need more help?
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or hop on live chat between 9am - 530pm Monday - Friday (AEST).