Lapses or falling off the wagon are not a big deal and are certainly no reason to beat ourselves up! It's happened to everyone, including Sarah and the IQS team.
Take the chance to learn from the experience and then get straight back to healthy eating. What's important after a lapse is to not let it derail you. Don't let your mind think that because you had one lapse, there's no point in continuing because it's all ruined. It's definitely not! So long as you pick up where you left off and keep going, you'll be back on track in no time.
Important things to do after a lapse:
- Own it. It happens to all of us, so accept it, think about what you'll do differently next time and then move on. Sometimes a small set back is what you need to remind yourself exactly why you started quitting sugar in the first place!
- Crowd it out with plenty of veg, generous serves and an abundance of flavour. There will be no room for sugary treats if you're too full from a delicious meal of veggies, protein and healthy fats.
- Have a recalibrating home-cooked meal. Sarah swears by her pork pork meal: https://iquitsugar.com/recipe/sarahs-recalibrating-pork-meal/
- Focus on meal planning and stocking up your fridge and freezer. Sometimes lapses happen because the sugary treat are there and it's easy, no prep required. Take away some of the temptation by always having a freezer stash of frozen meals that you can heat up in a jiffy and healthy snacks that you can enjoy instead if the sugar cravings hit.
- Read up on our best tips for managing sugar cravings and detox symptoms. It's no coincidence that when you're not feeling your best you're most likely to crave some comfort food. Be proactive and stop any cravings in its tracks!
- If you're an 8-Week Program member, head to the community forums and connect with other sugar quitters. You're definitely not alone and there's a bunch of people going through the same things you are!
- Find some inspo on the IQS Facebook or Instagram. Forget about freak shakes and jumbo-sized donuts and check out some recipes for some delicious healthy meals you can make.
- Get in touch with the IQS team. We've been there before and we know what you're going through. We're here to help!
Need more help?
Send us an email at email@example.com and we'd be happy to assist!